One Thursday of each month we will have a meeting from 6-7PM at the Robert P. Hanson Building, room 101 (1656 Linden Drive on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus). During our meetings will host speakers to speak about topics related to wildlife disease!
Check our Calendar (check out our sidebar calendar) or our Facebook page to learn about upcoming meetings.
Program for 2017-2018
- September 28th: Careers in the Wildlife Disease field
- Bieneke Bron-DVM, PhD, past vice-president/club founder
- Julia Poje-MS candidate, past vice-president
- Steph Kurth-3rd year vet student, current vice-president
- Kelsey Rayment-2nd year vet student, current vet student rep.
- October 19th: Sloths and pesticides by Dr. Kurt Sladky, DVM (Section Head of the Special Species Department at the UW-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine)
Program for 2016-2017
- January 2nd: Social-Baby Animal Trivia Nigth
- February 16: Wildlife Ecotoxicology with Dr. Bill Karasov
- April 6th: Working as a Wildlife Veterinarian in the National Park System with Dr. Michelle Verant
- April 23rd: 2nd Annual Wildlife Health Symposium
- September 29: Vaccinating Bats for Rabies with Dr. Ben Stading
- October 27th: Wildlife Controversies Discussion
- November 4th: Zoology Museum tour and Union South social @4pm
- December 1st: Avian Cholera with Dr. Mike Samuel
- December 15th: Wildlife Disease Specialist, Dr. Anne Ballmann at the USGS-NWHC